

Well, for the past three years, we have held a neighborhood 4th of July party in our yard. We have quite a few families in our ward that stick around the area, and for some, they even look forward to our party (must be hard up for entertainment--just kidding! Anyway, this year, the weather was fantastic. It's a bring your own meat and a side-dish to share. If neighbors want to, they can even bring a pie for the taste testing and blue ribbon contest. However, only one other pie was brought besides mine this year. I made a Key Lime pie with freshly squeezed key lime juice. I didn't realize they were so small! I had to squeeze about 30 limes to get 3/4 cup of juice the recipe called for. I also made a cupcake flag cake. It was definitely a hit.
We also had the children's parade down the sidewalk with their decorated bikes. It's so nice to be in a neighborhood where you feel comfortable enough to hold these types of events, and people actually come and have a great time! Thanks for sending us out with a BANG! After we cleaned up, we set off our own fireworks as a family in the driveway...so much fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment