Monday, June 15, 2009

Field Trip!

Well, I finished out the year being Pierce's 1st Grade Class room mom. I usually not a person who can tell people "no." And, as crazy as a school year this has been, I'm really glad I did it. I usually went every Thursday morning for an hour and helped with students in the class with their reading fluency, sight words, comprehension, etc. I also was in charge of the class Halloween Party, celebrating Mrs. Sawyer's birthday, and activities during Teacher Appreciation week. I also had the opportunity to go on the class field trip up Logan Canyon to the River Walk Trail along the Logan River and 2nd Dam. It took me back 24 years to when I was in first grade. I had forgotten how small bus seats really are! I also am so amazed at how much energy 1st graders have, but how quickly they can fall asleep after exerting all that energy! After we walked 1.5 miles up and down the trail, the bus dropped us off at Willow Park to eat lunch and let the kids play on the playground. We then walked another 1/2-3/4 mile back to the school. What a fun experience! I did have a picture taken of Pierce and I together, but it either got erased, or the camera wasn't on the right function to get the shot! Oh well!



Pierce's 1st Grade Class



The trail master!



Watching the duck and fish

No comments: