Monday, June 15, 2009

Dayton's 5th Birthday Party

I can't believe Dayton is 5!!!! He turned 5 the day after we got home from Florida. I went out shopping for his birthday the night we got home from our trip just so he'd have something to open, and we invited Sterling, Christy, Jaden, Memphis, and my dad up for a little get-together for his party. I promised him a friend party, and it took two more weeks to get things put together. He wanted a Star Wars themed party with a Death Star cake. I found a pattern for a cake on-line and tried the best I could to re-create it (cake is a hard thing to make 'sphere')! We then invited several kids to the party, and had several others just kind-of show up (my fault for putting "Inviting all young padowans..." So, we ended up having 17 kids between the ages of 4-8 at the party, and only 12 treat bags for friends. Oh well, Dayton and Pierce didn't need them, and I asked some of the older kids if they'd let the 5-6 year olds have the bags, to which I was quite surprised they agreed!!! We started off with "Reclaim the Universe" (Pin the star ship on the Death Star), and then had the scavenger hunt for the prize bags. We then went outside and I put together a "Jedi Training Course". I used swimming noodles cut in half for the lightsabers, and then had a little obstacle course for the kids to do. They even got ot fight an alien at the end! Then it was cake and ice cream, opening of presents, and then all the kids kept wanting to take turns on the Jedi course. It was so much fun, yet sooo exhausting too! You know the party is a succes when no one cries, and the comments overheard are: "This is the best party ever!" "That's the coolest cake I've ever seen!" "Thanks for inviting me Dayton, your party totally rocked!"

The first party






The second party






No comments: