Tuesday, September 8, 2009

OUr summertime favorite boredom buster....CLOVER BUDS!!!

So, I know it's been quite some time since I last posted. We have finally moved to a temporary rental until we can move into our house, and since the beginning of August, I feel like we haven't really breathed. But, just to get a few posts up and my pics downloaded off my camera, with 3 kids napping, I though this would be the perfect opportunity to post!

For the past three years, our dear sweet neighbor in Logan has had a group of kid from the nieghborhood participate in 4-H. Pierce was participated all three years, and Dayton unofficially until this year. It was fun to have them do something together, and they absolutely loved the theme this year "Down on the Farm." This year's activities included seeing hos cows are milked at the USU Dairy, going to the Logan River Ranch and riding horses (the boys absolute favorite), learning about what produce farmers grow and how it gets to local stores, how flour is made, and making their own miniature farms for their fair entry.

Pierce and Dayton really looked forward to each Monday when they would get to go. Now I hope to continue this summer tradition of ours in our own part of Lehi. I think it's a great oportunity for children to extend their leaning beyond the school year and to let their own imaginations soar as they complete their fair projects.

Here's the group at the USU Dairy

Kennedy wanting to pet the preemie calf

The group learning about horses at the Logan River Ranch

Cutest little cowgirls! Mataya and Kennedy


Two little city slickers--Pierce needed to hold on tight!

Even after getting his thumb stung five times by a wasp, Dayton felt well enough to ride, and ride, and ride!


Pierce's minature farm

Dayton's miniature farm

No comments: