Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's Easter-time again...Candy for everyone!


I know I've mentioned that we live in a pretty awesome neighborhood. Every year one of our neighbors holds an annual Easter Egg hunt in their backyard. Each family brings 2-3 dozens plastic eggs filled with goodies, and while the kids are playing some games like egg relays and bunny hop races, several adults scatter plastic eggs around about 3 neighboring yards for the kids to find. Then, it's mad mayhem as the kids scatter too gathering their eggs. It's so much fun, even when the weather does not cooperate. I am always amazed that my kids never come home with any of the eggs that I fill. Kids are funny with their quirks too...while Pierce grabs at any good egg, Dayton limits himself only to the blue ones. Kennedy however, only grabbed pink, yellow and purple eggs, all of which contained girly items like lip gloss, hair clips and fingernail polish, SWEET!!! The wind was a little too cold this year for Maleah, so I stayed home and heard all about the searching for eggs when the kids got home.

Dayton I think was a little disappointed this year because one of his friends at preschool was talking about all the toys he was getting for Easter. I think Dayton was like, "Cool! Easter is just like another Christmas!" So, he cam home and started making an Easter list. I told him that many people celebrate Easter in different ways, just like Christmas, and that our family did not give lots of presents at Easter time, and that the gifts they'd be receiving were things that helped us think about Jesus. Dayton's response: "I think Jesus wants me to have lots of presents for Easter." So the whole day before Easter, Dayton was searching all over the house for his "Easter presents". Then I heard a loud bang, and a screaming cry upstairs. Dayton had opened my knotty pine chest at the end of my bed, which the lid weighs probably 30-40 pounds, and he slammed in right on his thumb! I said, "Do you want me to show you what your Easter present is so you don't hurt yourself again?" And then I went to my closet and pulled out his new Sunday pants, shirt and tie. "Thanks Mom! I love the blue tie! How does this help me think of Jesus?" Kids.

I was so excited this year to get matching Easter dresses for Kennedy and Maleah. I know that the matching dress thing will only last a short while while I can shop for them in relatively the smae section of the store. They were so adorable!






Everyone ready for some games?


Our darling little ones!

No comments: