Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Week Full of Memories..(some good, others will be someday!)

This past week was quite the week. We had so much going on. On Monday night, we took a little "Thank You" to our Stake President and his wife who watched our kids for us while we went on a date. What was going to be just a drop-off, ended up being an hour-long visit! They are such great people! On Tuesday night, I went over to the church and made a bunch of visiting teaching changes on the computer and printed out all the companionships and assignments for a meeting I would be holding with the visiting teaching supervisors on Thursday evening. It took me about 2 hours, and I used 50+ pieces of paper! I highlighted all the areas I needed when I got home while nursing Maleah to sleep (multi-tasking...gotta love it!)

Wednesday morning, Frank took the morning off which made it quite an enjoyable morning! I was able to get sooo much done! I realized I could really handle a 10:30 am-6:30 p.m. work schedule for him! I ran errands that morning, and was able to cut all the new assignments apart and categorize them into districts for the meeting Thrusday night. Wednesday eveing, Frank was gone late to some meetings in Salt Lake, and Maleah happened to wake up just as I was getting a dinner of spaghetti on the table for the other kids. I went upstairs to feed Maleah and change her diaper, and heard the kids laughing, and I thought, "Well, at least they're not crying." After taking care of Maleah, I went back downstairs, and to my horror, found the kitchen and dining area covered with spaghetti and sauce! The laughing earlier...FOOD FIGHT!

I surprisingly kept my cool, and told the kids to go upstairs, wash their hands and faces, and sit in their room for the rest of the night. I then cleaned all the walls, floors, and tables. As I started wiping the counter, I noticed someone had opened my visiting teaching foldfers, and now mnay of the new assignment papers were covered in spaghetti as well! AAAAAHHHHH! I finally sat down to eat myself at 8:00, just as Frank walked in the door. I'm sure the look on my face said it all! He said, "I was going to ask if you'd been able to get all the kids down for bed already, but then I looked at your face a little more closely...what happened?" "Oh, they're in their rooms alright..." and then told him of the night's events. Then we hear the kids come down the stairs, "Daddy we missed you!" they all said at once, as if nothing had happened.

So, Thursday, I was going to go to the school to volunteer in Pierce's class, and was on my way, but Kennedy freaked out about going to the house where she is watched, so we went to the church instead to print off the visiting teaching slips again. After, we caught the tail end of thwe ward playgroup held at the church. we then picked Dayton up from preschool, home for lunc\h, over to the elementary to pick up Pierce, home for a snack, and then to the dentist office for appointments. Here's a question...how do you keep your kids entertained and under control when you're in the chair having your teeth cleaned? My boys were so interested in all of the dentist tools. While the dentist was working in my mouth, the chair suddenly dropped...Pierce decided to play with the pedals! After appointments, we picked up pizza on the way home, then I got things ready for my meeting with the supervisors. All 7 supervisors showed up! After the meeting, I was so exhausted, I was in my pajamas at 8:15!

Friday turned out to be pretty low key until we went to pick up Pierce from school. Again, Maleah woke up about 10 minutes before we had to leave. I hurried and fed her, and then changed her diaper. I was amazed at how nicely it seemed that Kennedy and Dayton were playing together! I then came down, and again to my horror,. found the entire living room (couches, walls, tables, floor...) and Kennedy covered with frosting! Kennedy had gotten in the pantry to find a snack I guess, found the frosting, pulled off the lid and silver foil seal, and went to town! She was smearing it on her cheeks and feet when I found her, I guess she thought it was sweet smelling lotion! I looked at the clock and saw that it was 2:29. School dismisses at 2:30! So, I grabbed a wash cloth and wiped her down, and piled all the kids into the car to go get Pierce.

I also volunteered to put up signs advertising the Valentine's Day Tea at the school, so I had to get those put up. I asked the After School Club people if my kids could run in the new gym, and they said it should be okay. I had gotten all the fliers up on the first floor of the school, I was coming back across the second floor, when I heard the kids in the elevator. When the elevator door opened, Kennedy was stark naked! "Kennedy! Where are your clothes!" I asked. "I go potty on the big girl potty momma!" she innocently said. "Pierce, can you go get her clothes for me please?" "No, they're in the GIRLS bathroom!" he said. At that point, I figured I'd put up enough fliers, grabbed Kennedy, and went back downstairs...Kennedy in one arm, Maleah in her car seat in the other, and boys following right behind! What a week!

6 comments:

Mark and Julia said...

Wow what a week! I feel for you. I hope this one is going more smoothly!

Mark and Julia said...

Oh, and don't feel too badly--your kids aren't the only ones who strip in public places....

Aaron & Michelle said...

Wow!!!! I feel better that we are not the only home with these things happening. I can only imagine now, our kids (the Pierces, Daytons, Jacobs etc.) calling us with these stories about their children. We will just nod our heads and simply say, "WE understand" then hang up the phone and laugh our heads off. Keep up the good work Kendra. YOu are a great Mom. Love and miss you. Michelle

Hannah said...

Kendra! I found your blog through Rachel's (don't you love how that works?). I hope it's okay that I took a look at it (I feel weird, stalkerish if I don't leave a comment and ask). Anyway, what a crazy week! My favorite is Kennedy coming out of the elevator naked! That's hilarious! You've got cute kids.
Hannah
(our blog is hanndallfam.blogspot.com)

PS: I hope your family is planning on coming to the Blue and Gold Banquet tomorrow night! It will be fun and free dinner, so...you can't beat that!

Masha Laurence said...

Wow Kendra, what a week!! Just like Michelle, I am so glad I am not the only one with the crazy tribe. Send the boys our way if you need a break sometimes.

Jon and Melissa said...

Oh my word this makes me want to cry. It seems like stuff like this all happens at the same time. I heard the frosting story in a tape of Allyson's lesson, and felt bad, but put them all together and WOW! Sound like you are a champ of a mother with the way that you handled it all. They are all still alive and that is what counts! I would love to see you, but only if you have time-sounds like life is crazy right now!