Frank and I had the opportunity to attend the Logan Schools Foundation benefit dinner and auction last night. It was a masquerade theme, and was held at the Harris Family hangar at the Logan airport. It was quite the place to hold the event. Mr. Harris is the owner/founder of ChemDry, and actually has two hangars at the airport where he stores all of his "toys"--everything from original paintings to a full size cutom-made motor coach! We went into one hangar which holds many of Mr. Harris' favorite cars, including the first and last Ferrari models, six mini coopers, an old 1930's speedster (which there are only two left, and the other Jay Leno owns.) We mingled and had h'ordervs (wontons and sushi) in the first hangar and talked to people in the community about what Frank's vision as a principal at Wilson Elementary is. There was also a silent auciton to raise money for schools and scholarships.
We then went over to another hangar where dinner was served. In that hangar, there is an entire white floor in which we had to remove our shoes so we wouldn't leave any marks. Mr. Harris has two Asten Martens and the new Audi racing car, and many other expensive looking pieces of art! It was the first time either Frank or I had butternut squash soup! We also dined on stuffed porkchops and salmon with wild rice and steamed veggies with pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. After a delightful dinner, and with good company of the Winborg Family (aritists whose art is sold in Pottery Barn and at nationwide galleries), we listened to Michael Ballam perform and emcee the live auction event. It was a fun night being able to dress up and go out. I even sewed some capes for Frank and I to wear for the party.
The 'black bishop' and 'goth queen'
The very first model of Ferrari
The latest make of Ferrari
1930's speedster--1 mile to the gallon
What a truck!
2 comments:
Looks like a fun party. Great costumes. How did you find my blog? Thanks for the comment. Your family is cute too and I'm excited to see a post on that new baby! Good luck with the delivery.
Definitely let me know when the baby is here! Then over Thanksgiving maybe I can swing by and see the latest addition of the Schofield family! I can't wait to see her...she's going to be such a chubby doll!!! I love your kids...they're adorable!
Post a Comment