I was brought to tears today at the store because of one stranger showing that kindness and love. I had taken Dayton, Kennedy, and Maleah to the store to just grab a few things, and what was supposed to be no more than 20 min., ended up taking a lot longer. Neither Kennedy nor Dayton wanted to stay by me, and I of course, probably looked pretty scatterbrained as I tried to gather the things I needed while my children chased each other around and I called out, "Kennedy, Dayton, please come back by Mommy!" All the time trying to keep my cool and not loose it in the store. Anyway, an elderly lady shopping stopped me and asked, "Are those your darling little ones?" I reluctantly replied, "Yes, I'm trying my best to keep them by me." She then told me how cute they were and to let them run and be kids. She said too many times she sees parents repremand their children for being that...children. She then wanted to look at Maleah, and then upon seeing her, asked if she could hold her (she even got out a wet wipe to clean her hands off!--How could I say no?!) After holding her, she said, "What a wonderful Christmas present, a new baby, what more could you ask for?" She then thanked me for putting a smile on her face today and then hugged me. She lives far away from her grandkids and was really missing them. I hugged her back, wished her a Merry Christmas, and walked away with tears in my eyes, and calling "Kennedy, Dayton, where did you go? Mommy needs you to stay by me."


4 comments:
Kendra, what a great story. I feel like that at the store all the time. It's nice to see someone stop and care. Your kids are adorable, and your baby is just so sweet! I love the tree. Ours looks very similar but I wouldn't have it any other way!
Kendra,
I seriously have tears in my eyes. How touching. That is incredible. Be glad you wrote that story down. Someday you will look back on that. Your baby is growing and changing so fast. She is A CUTIE.. I cant believe all her hair. We hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season as well.
What a dear Grandma. That story definitely brought Christmas into perspective for me. I love your kids and I am glad I get to part of the family!! We got your announcement for Maleah. She is so cute! And we will be there on the 28th! Love you guys!
she has so much cute hair and of course, i love all her bows! :D
i use photoshop. you can get a great deal on it with your educator discount...or photoshop elements is great too and lots cheeper. if you ever get it, i will tell you how to get scrapbook stuff...or buy a scrapbook program for like 40 bucks...
Post a Comment