Since the middle of March, Pierce has been playing soccer, and Frank has been the team's coach (like he needed anything else keeping him busy)! We have had practices usually once a week, and games twice a week. We had a beginner team, only one of the girls on the team had actually played before. Pierce is always willing to try new things, and really wanted to play this year. However, we are starting to realize that Pierce is an individualist, and team sports really aren't his thing (we tried t-ball last year, but he didn't care for it.) When we got home from our last game this week, Pierce said "Yay!!! I'm so excited I don't have to go to soccer anymore!" "Gee, " I said, "you really liked it that much huh?" "No, not really mom." Despite his lack of enthusiam, he did make some great friends on the team. (Just a note, while not in the game, Pierce was always on the sidelines teaching his fellow boy teammates wrestling take-down moves Frank and Kendra's brothers have taught him.) Dayton, however, was always wanting to be out on the field playing...I think he'll be the one to really enjoy team sports next year when he can play.
Here is the star player and the 'assistant coach.'

Go Pierce! Kick the ball! You can do it!



1 comment:
So fun Kendra. Miss you and hope to get together one of these months. Love you all, Michelle
Post a Comment